Food served from 12:00
Closed all day on Mondays (but open on Bank Holidays).
A great historic place to be in.
Please visit their website at: www.thethreekingsinn.com
Reputedly, a hostelry has been on the site of The Three Kings Inn since 871. An ailing King John stayed at the Inn during October 1216 when he was en route from Swineshead Abbey to Newark Castle where he died. Three centuries later, on the 8th August 1854, King Henry VIII passed through the village on his way to York and returned a few weeks later. In the 18th Century the Inn was known as the Harvest Home and then the Barley Mow. In about 1737, Dick Turpin's mother-